Sunday, October 12, 2008

Tang Soo Do Karate

Bryson has been learning Martial Arts since March of this year. It seems pretty awesome. I sat in on one of the sessions and saw the workout they all get. I was really impressed to see how well Bryson has taken up the commands (all in Korean), his form, and intensity he brings to learning Tang Soo Do.


I saw that a lot of the moves were done in combination. Making sure that even an offensive move utilized other parts i.e. arm or leg to block.

Bryson has recently been promoted in rank. He went from his nooby white belt to an orange belt.


In fact, you'll notice his belt has a white stripe. This is of higher rank as well. I believe the next ranking is a green belt.



This is Bryson after he said he was tougher than me. Take special note of the deep meditation he is able to maintain. I'm sure without his training in the martial arts he would be crying. Unfortunately he gave me no such pleasure.

5 comments:

kari said...

Bryson seems to be doing great at karate. That is so cool. He is getting so big also and looking alot like his dad. Hopefully the "searle" attitude doesn't come out in him much, lol.

Sandy said...

That is so cool. Over at Kinzie's dance theyhave a new martial arts instructor but you have to be eight to be in the class. So Logan is to small yet but as soon as hes eight he wants in. I think martial arts is great for kids. It teaches them self respect and respect for others.
Way to go!

Jeni said...

Wow! He looks tough!...until the snow incident :)

kari said...

Come on Paige, I keep checking in on you guys and you have nothing new for me. How's life treating you? Hope you and the kids are doing awesome!

Jill said...

Paige you need to update!!!